Welcome to the BRAINetwork Archery Club
The BRAINetwork Archery Club [ Brain@work ARCHERS ] is organised by the BRAINetwork Centre for Neurocognitive Science, School of Health Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia. As a research group, we are interested in understanding the human mind in relation to neurocognitive abilities such as thinking, learning, memory and mental strength. This club is for volunteers who are willing to have their neurocognitive abilities profiled while they learn the basics of archery.
Brain@work ARCHERS would like to recruit novice archers who are interested in three things:
1. Having lots of FUN and Games
2. Improving their mental strength
3. Contributing to research regarding the human mind.
This is what we WILL NOT DO
Don’t Worry…. We are not about to make you a human guinea pig. We will not be carrying out any invasive procedures [ IE: not going to take your blood or remove bits of your anatomy ].
This is what WE WILL DO
- We will provide you with basic training on archery by qualified instructors using Word Archery Guidelines.
- We will get you ready for a tournament once you complete our World Archery Beginner’s Programme [ evaluation is every two months / 7 sessions ]
- We will evaluate your neurocognitive abilities and provide you with an ongoing neurocognitive profile [ every two months / 7 sessions ]. This will help you understand your own mental strengths and how to improve further your own
All we request from you is your written consent for us to use your data. This will be completely confidential. If you have any queries please contact Prof Dr Zalina Ismail [ email@example.com] who is the main coordinator for this research project.
We welcome archers of all skill levels, from experienced competitors to those who have never touched a bow! So please join us and have fun while contributing to our knowledge and understanding of the human mind.
INTERESTED? Then read more at our blog http://www.brainetwork-archers.com
Prof Dr Zalina Ismail
BRAINetwork Centre for Neurocognitive Science,
School of Health Sciences,
Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan.